What's Up Wednesday- March 12th


Spring Writing Bootcamp, Team Vesuvius!


What's Up Wednesday is a weekly meme geared toward readers and writers, allowing us to touch base with blog friends and let them know what's up.  Should you wish to join, check out Jaime's or Erin's lovely blogs and sign up with the link widget at the bottom of the post.


WHAT I'M READING
I'm taking a mini-hiatus from reading right now to focus on Spring Writing Bootcamp. I will be rereading the entirety of both of my MS's that I'm working on, but I'm not sure that really counts. ;)

WHAT I'M WRITING

The YA Buccaneers  Spring Writing Bootcamp is in full swing and Monday the teams were announced! Let me just say, I LOVE my team!!! They are such a fun bunch of talented, hilarious, writerly people. Talk about having your writer batteries recharged! I feel like I've just been given a shot of adrenalin. My teammates wanted to be something Fierce. So we are now officially Team Vesuvius! And yeah, we really are gonna blow your minds! *big grin* 

All that energy is not going to waste. I've been cranking out Words and digging into revisions. It is so nice to be excited about writing again. And have other people who are excited too, cheering for you to meet your goals. I'm having a ton of fun. :)

It's not too late to join in. And even if you don't want to join a team, you can still take advantage of all the Awesome. Join one of the Writing Parties, get some great advice on the YAB Blog. You want to advance your writing career? Make it happen.


WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO 

I finished building my new Greenhouse! (It gets to be in capital letters because it was a real undertaking.) And I basically built the whole thing myself. Well, to be fair, the Boys helped me lift the roof gable into place and helped with the paver floor, but the rest was little ol' me with a wrench. I'll have to take some pics to share of the finished project. I'm excited because I now have a gorgeous spot for growing my orchids and raising my butterflies and well just generally hanging out and pawing around in dirt. (which is one of my favorite pastimes)

WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW 

My TEAM!!! Go Team Vesuvius!!! And really all the other peeps participating in Bootcamp. The turnout has been fantastic and it's so fun to be part of all that great energy! Best of luck to everyone out there. I'm right here at about 12,000 feet cheering you on!!! Get up, lace up and go WRITE ALL THE WORDS!!!

17 comments:

  1. You all are making me regret sitting out on Bootcamp! Looks like everyone's having a blast, and getting tons done, too. Even though I'm not participating, I'm still cheering you guys on! Best of luck with your revision and with your new words, Kris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been just the kick in the pants I needed to get excited about writing again. I was feeling kind of ho hum, and now my keyboard is on FIRE. (It's a nice feeling)

      It's all about setting goals and getting there, so really you're right there with us. I'm over here cheering you on as well. Because really Katy, you totally got this thang! ;)
      (that sounded way better in my head)

      Delete
  2. Love your team name and badge! I'm also super excited for the Bootcamp. I have a lot to accomplish but I'm feeling energized!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ghenet! Yeah, I've got a lot to accomplish as well, but how nice it is to feel like I've got my batteries recharged. Good luck with your goals. I'm over here cheering you on!! :)

      Delete
  3. Your team is on fire! My team hasn't even settled on a name yet. We need your cheerleading help.Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! Maybe we should have called ourselves Team On Fire :) And I'm all about cheering on the other teams. I almost get more excited for other people making their dreams come true than I do realizing my own. It's this whole "Root for the Underdog" complex-thing I have.

      Hope you have an amazing week! And if you feel yourself dragging, I'll be up there on the trail passing out chocolate. :)

      Delete
  4. Yay for the writing bootcamp! Glad to hear you're excited about writing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Yay" is right! There are so many awesome writers participating, it's almost impossible not to get excited. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm psyched to be on your team! Go Team Vesuvius! And, wow, you built your own greenhouse. Impressive! I'm not much of a green thumb but after this winter, I am ready to plant some stuff and watch it grow! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!!! We have such an AWESOME TEAM!!! And I am so, so glad you are on my team too. Go TEAM VESUVIUS! Apparently, we're on FIRE over here!

      p.s. you can come hang out in my greenhouse any time. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi, Kris! That's really amazing you built your own greenhouse. I might be able to do that, too...with Lego bricks on a 12"x12" base, LoL! :)

    Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not participating the Boot Camp, but it's a great idea, and I'm glad so many have taken up the challenge. I'll be cheering you all on from the sidelines. :)

    And way to go with the greenhouse! Very impressive. My greatest DIY achievement is putting together bookshelves. :)

    Have a great week, Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your team name and the catch phrase. Awesome! And equally awesome that it's getting you totally psyched to write. I love that you built yourself a greenhouse. I haven't done a whole lot of working with plants, but I'd love to do more. There's just something about it that appeals to me.

    Have a great week, Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you're so ambitious to build a Greenhouse (made sure I capitalized it to emphasize how impressed I am)! I can't wait to see pictures of it. Have you seen the movie BEASTLY? I loved the cool, eclectic greenhouse in it. The entire thing was made from mismatched windows. I told my husband I wanted a greenhouse just like it in our backyard. Yeah, so far that hasn't happened.

    Good luck to your team in the YA Buccaneers bootcamp competition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your team name. Congrats on finishing your greenhouse. I bet that feels awesome. Good luck with revisions. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one badass bootcamp badge!

    And building a greenhouse? Just as badass!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete